Scope of Services
The Civil & Structural Engineering BU provides a wide range of services within the civil and structural engineering field. The BU has the skills for the planning, design, documentation, construction administration, road management, tender evaluation of roads maintenance and rehabilitation. It also provides services for Airport design, including feasibility studies, site selection, master planning, design and documentation.
Field of Specialisation:
• Planning and design of urban and rural roads, highways, freeways, and interchanges
• Airport design (airport extension, runways, taxiways, parking areas and technical areas
• Toll roads planning and design
• Roads rehabilitation, maintenance and upgrade
• Pavement analyses and design
• Bridges and drainage structures
• Road condition surveys, studies and investigations
• Railway line design
Lebone and/or its staff members have been involved in the following projects:
King Shaka International Airport
• Detailed design of the aircraft movement areas on the airport including design of runway, taxiways, trade zone roads, interval roads and the heliport.
Springbok Cricket Stadium, Bloemfontein
• Services (sewerage, water supply, sub-soil drainage, irrigation, stormwater), cricket pitch, playing field, embankments, pavilion and fencing.
N1 Toll Road: Naboomspruit, (Middelfontein to Polokwane)
• General supervision on Section One: Earthworks, layer works, stormwater drainage.
Load Control Centre: N4
• Design, compiling tender documents, tender evaluation and project management.
Soshanguve Block JJ internal streets
• Geometric design of streets, compiling tender documents, tender evaluation and project management.
Low level bridges, Musina
• Repair works. Compiling quotations documents, evaluating report, project management and correspondence.
Road VIP1, Venda
• Fill slopes rehabilitation, discarding unsuitable material and replacing with more suitable material. Strengthening fill slopes with piles, ground anchors and concrete slabs.